Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

delete files on next boot

• Please log in to reply

MajorDisaster

MajorDisaster

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi can someone recommend a program that will delete files on next reboot before windows is fully loaded reason i need this is because i can't startup in safemode for some reason when i try it just restarts windows every time i try. I need this program so i can delete the files that drivercleaner can't delete because of not being in safemode. now iv tried a few programs that suppose to delete the files but it don't works because it's not deleting the files before windows is fully loaded. thanks for any help

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
just exactly what is it your trying to delete

and what proceedure or steps are you taking to get to safemode

MajorDisaster

MajorDisaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ok the safemode issue is i restart windows and press f8 it gets to the login names i choose my name and it starts to load then it just restarts i also posted this issue here. http://www.geekstogo...de-t131957.html
Now the reason i want to get into safemode is to use Driver Cleaner I'm uninstalling then updating my video card drivers and one of the procedures is to start windows in safemode and run Driver Cleaner to delete all the files left behind by the uninstaller. The files that Driver Cleaner can't delete are these ones listed below because I'm not in safemode they can't be deleted. Thanks for any help

windows\system32\NV4_Disp.dll
windows\system32\Drivers\NV4_Mini.sys
windows\system32\dllcache\NV4_Disp.dll
windows\system32\dllcache\NV4_Mini.sys

Edited by MajorDisaster, 26 September 2006 - 03:14 PM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ok so your main concern is getting into safemode

did you try

START>>RUN>> msconfig >>OK>>UNDER THE BOOT TAB CHOOSE SAFEBOOT>>APPLY OK

MajorDisaster

MajorDisaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
yeah i tried that i even called Microsoft and spoke to them for almost an hour but we couldn't get it to work. I was able to delete those files by using BartPE. :whistling: