Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speaker Help (external)

• Please log in to reply

im_in_need101

im_in_need101

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Today, before I left for school, both of my speakers were working fine. I come home, get on the computer, start some music up, and notice only the left one is working, and my right one isn't. I use the standard software on windows to see if there is something wrong in that aspect, and it finds nothing wrong. I mess with the Master Volume thingy (sndvol32.exe as the Task Manger reads). Under the "Master Volume" and the "Wave Volume", I used that balancing bar thingy and put them all the way to the right, and my right speaker started to make noise again, but it's scratchy and low quality, but also it's not very loud, even when I turn the volume all the way up. When I talk normal, it's almost as a loud as the speaker is. I took the front panal's off each speaker, and there is nothing wrong with them on the exterior.

The right speaker, is the speaker with the cords going into it, and the volume/off switch. The cords are all in properly. Is this a hardware, or a software problem? I don't know what to do, and don't want to replace them. I don't think anybody else was on the computer today, I need to ask my brother when he gets home from work.

http://usera.imageca...rvolume.bmp.jpg

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Have you made any changes to your system recently? Have you tried unplugging the speakers and then restoring power? Any lightning storms around?

im_in_need101

im_in_need101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I've made no changes, I unplugged and plugged them back in, and no lightning storms recently. I was on the computer at 10:10 A.M. today and it was fine, and then I get back on at about 4:50, and it's broke.

And nobody messed with the computer between them times.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Do you play the speakers loud? I doubt it's possible for the speakers to be "cracked"...

im_in_need101

im_in_need101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I do occasiounally, but not even half as loud as they can go. It's loud, but not like "I'm deaf" loud.

Edited by im_in_need101, 28 September 2006 - 06:25 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
hhhmmm... I would try another set of speakers if I were you, this way we can tell if the speakers have the problem, or if it's in the computer.

im_in_need101

im_in_need101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok, I rolled back my system due to some retard useing the computer, and now it's working fine. But, I didn't notice it untill after I opened up my computer to put in a second HDD I've been trying to format. So, I'm not sure what the problem was, but it's gone now.. strange.

Thanks for your time though.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
System Restore works about 80% of the time :whistling: Let us know if it happens again.