Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Desktop wallpaper help

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi folks, please see my attached image.

My problem is, you know how your default desktop images are located under C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper, but after a while when you go into your display properties then Desktop, there're other images in other folders appearing as desktop wallpaper candidate as well.

Now this is a trouble for me as I've deleted all the default XP wallpapers under C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper as they were all 1024x768 version and I'm using a 19 inch panel screen; instead I put in there my modified version of visa-y 1280x1024 desktops.

It was nice and easy at first selecting desktops but then as I said today when I went into display properties and desktop whole lot of other pictures put themselves in the list as well and that made the list a long one.

Could someone please tell me how I can stop this, a command like restricting XP only read the images under C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper as its default wallpapers but nothing else from other folders?