Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Last Express

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Playing this older game on a Dell XPS400; XP SP2; GeForce 6800 Nvidia video card; flat monitor auto adjusting.

Not only is the inventory icon and main menu icon not visible for use but the picture is also narrowed so that each side displays about 3 inches of black.

What I have tried to resolve problem:

tried adjusting compatibility mode 95 and 98
have adjusted resolution - picture somewhat larger at 1280x1024 but icons still invisible
made sure ALL windows programs were not running in background
turned off screen saver and halted internet service
uninstalled and reinstalled game twice
have adjusted the slider in video screen
made sure the action of PC is done by windows for best performance

All to no avail thus far. Am I going to have to give up on this game? :whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Have you tried updating your video card drivers? If not let me know and I'll give you a link and instructions.

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
No it is such a new computer with all new cards etc. have not updated at all. Appreciate your links and help.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if updating your video drivers does not help, then there isn't much else that can be done except to try and play it on an older computer. This game was released in 1997. Good chance the pc is to fast to play the game.

try seeing if the game will play in window mode with the game itself set to 640x480. it might work that way.

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
The lowest setting I have is 800 x 600 and does not seem to work there so guess the only thing to do is to wait until I get my old PC up and going with 98 OS on it.:whistling:

Thanks for trying with your suggestions however.