Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

clicking on desktop highlights all icons

• Please log in to reply

Carol & john

Carol & john

• Pip
  • 1 posts
after my granson played free halloween games I can't choose desktop shortcuts. Clicking on one icon highlights multiples. Simply clicking on a blank area of the desktop highlights several icons. I have tried to do a sytem restore but it won't let me choose anyday but the current day. Went to control panel and it too selects all icons when clicking on one. one othe oddity, caps lock is reversed ( lower case when caps lock selected) ran MS malicious software removal, spyware and currently have McAfee virus and spyware protection installed,(firewall enabled) all showed no issues. Any answers? Thanks for your time.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Carol & john...

This could be a sticky Shift key on the keyboard. Tap both of the Shift keys firmly a few times and see if the problem persists.

wannabe1