Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kernel_data_Inpage_error BSOD

• Please log in to reply

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Kernel_Data_Inpage_error

Blue Screen happens every now and then. When it doesn't I can't even load Windows, it just reboots before it logs in. Safe mode goes through the list of drivers and locks up. I did a fresh install and problem still occurs. No new hardware has been installed. All parts less than 6 months old!

I ran chkdsk and found "more than one problems with the drive" Is this a possible/likely cause of this error?
I'm going to try a fresh install on another drive to see if this works.

Can anybody think of anything else that causes this problem?

Edit: I should also add that Scsiport.sys was in the stop code at the bottom. (also once there was another win(*?).sys file, but I can't remember which. It wasn't a common one)
Edit Edit: atapi.sys was in the BSOD. I hope it's nothing serious, hmmmmmm. Could it be the RAM?

Edited by sarahw, 27 September 2006 - 06:45 AM.

Advertisements

rouge helper

rouge helper

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
this kind of bsod usually means you either have bad sector or you're hard disk is failing. backup everthing that you need if you can and if you ever log in go to computer right click the C:\ drive go to properties and got to tools and hit the box that says check for errors make sure both check box's are checked and scan it will prompt you to reboot so do so and then once the startup screen is passed it should go right to disk checking that should solve the problem for a while in that time you should consider getting a new hard drive