Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

GFX card help

• Please log in to reply

h0tpants

h0tpants

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I bought a Radeon X1600 Pro (512) (PCI-E) for my comp and when I install the card and turn the comp on my moniter stays blank. I have tried disabling the onboard display drivers and keeping them enabled and neither works. Even if i have the card in but the moniter plugged into the onboard it still stays blank. My comp is a pretty much stock HP Pavillion a1320n w/integrated Radeon Xpress 200. thanks in advance for the help and/or suggestions.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
On a intel D101G MB i had to get into the BIOS and set the graphics to PCI for a PCI-E card to work. If you have already done this and it still does not work the card is probably toast. If the card is taken out and the on-board is reenabled in the BIOS does the display work?

SRX660

h0tpants

h0tpants

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
that wasn't it, but thanx for the reply. i got everything figured out and the card works great!