Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes when i shut it down

• Please log in to reply

sarah4

sarah4

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,When i try to shut my computer down it freezes on the "windows shutting down" page. I cant get it to turn off and moving my mouse or using ctrl/alt/delete does nothing. I cant even turn of the power button it just stays on...the only way to get my computer back is to unplug it and then it works fine,i havent had any other noticable problems.Any ideas?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
clean your prefetch folder GO START...CLICK RUN...TYPE IN... prefetch ...CLICK OK..EDIT..SELECT ALL ..ON ANY BLUE FILE RIGHT CLICK THEN DELETE.............go to your tools menu at the top of your page select internet options delete cookies... delete files including offline put check mark click ok then close by clicking apply then ok......go start..... all programs....accesseries...system tools....disk defragmenter.....just defragment ......

when your done that do this

go start right on my computer and open it .....on c drive right click and click on properties select tools then click on check now make sure both boxes are checked then click start

if a black pop appears dont be alarmed you should see a flashing white bar ..type the letter y for yes hit enter reboot

let this proccess go through 5 stages

MajorDisaster

MajorDisaster

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
there is a good free program that does all that and cleans a lot more it's a very good useful program.

Cleans the following
Internet Explorer
Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
Firefox
Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.
Opera
Temporary files, URL history, cookies.
Windows
Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
Registry cleaner
Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
Third-party applications
Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...
100% Spyware FREE
This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Edited by MajorDisaster, 27 September 2006 - 03:02 PM.