Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Homeworld Stories

• Please log in to reply

amunra

amunra

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Hey has anyone here played homeworld? not homeworld 2 but the first one. Tell my what you think of this, the other day I was playing w/ my friend aginst 3 cpu apponets, the 3 cpu players attacked my friend who is a very strict ru saver so he did not build many ships, I was unaware of the battle going on so I kept building, the best part of the game is I disabled the maxium number of ships, by the time he wanted my help he had lost his entire force and his mother ship was about to be destroid, by then I had about 1000 ships ranging from ion cannon to missle destroyers, I lined them in the wall formation and hyperspace jumped them to just out of site of the enemy, then I moved in, he was fighting them for about 10 minuts and it took my about 2 to destory the 3 cpu's ships, then after the battle was over I noticed I lost 3 ion cannons so I decided to destroy the 3 cpu players for retubition for my 3 ship loss.

If you have a homeworld story share it here.

Advertisements

vahi

vahi

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
hey, i've got homeworld 1 and homeworld cataclysm, homeworld rocks! i've never done a over the internet game thoguh, just me against the cpu players, useually cpu players build a bunch of destroyers and go after my mothership, when they do, i hyperspace my mothership away, i continue to do so as i gather resources and build my own destroyers, then, with all the cpu players away from their mothership, i send in a few destroyers and swarm it, cpu like never uses hyperspace, so their motherships always gone befoer they even get near getting back to it, another stratagy i use is build tons of attack bombers and other small fighter units and send a huge swarm against the enemy mothership, to many everywhere for the enemies to really make much progress destroying them (specialy in evasive tactics) and their mothership goes down

so, have you beaten the regular single player game yet? cause i haven't

~vahi~

amunra

amunra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Personally what I would go with is the heavy cruser. The fire power it has is about 920. And no I have not finished the single player yet. I play aginst other people during school, so we have about 3-5 people at a time playing. Just a tip don't start out with the heavy crusers, build ion canons then when you have a force to stop them with start building the crusers then for every one you get build retire 4 ion canons. I have one the cpu match with only one cruser, but it took a while.

StrategyKing

StrategyKing

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I used to have homeworld: cataclysm and i found that if you had two dreadnoughts and got them st use repulse at the same time near each other the enemy ships would be trapped. :thumbsup: :lol: Then they would be sitting ducks.

Homeworld Rocks! :rockon: