Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

svchost.exe crashes with Windows XP boot

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Hello. When I start Windows XP, after almost everything loaded I get svchost.exe crash. It happens every time since this morning. I did restart in Safe mode and ran Spyware Doctor and Evido. They did not come up with anything, except some suspicious web-site link that actually points to microsoft. Even then I got rid of it.

I also ran the cleanup. Please advise what I can do. These problems started ever since I had an issue with my automatic Windows update. And now that I turned that off, I don't know what else to do. Please keep in mind that my Windows restore to another date feautre is not working. :whistling: This is my home PC and I need it now. What can I do? :blink:

Edited by bigdog1100, 27 September 2006 - 01:30 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
try to a system restore to when it was running good

thats process thats missing

if you have xp cd you can repair it with that