Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU update, neeed help please

• Please log in to reply

jwardy07

jwardy07

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hiya guys, can you help me with a CPU update for a Asus A7V333 motherboard, id like to know what exact model i need due to confusion over FSB stuff etc, and im lookin at sorta ones near or over 2ghz, please can someone help, most appreciated.

Jamie

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This board supports up to the Athlon 3000, but doesn't support a 200 FSB. Therefore upgrading to this will give you a clock speed of 2167Mhz.

However, since you only have slow memory, upgrading to this processor is pointless because it's not going to use the extra speed provided by the 3000 unless you change the memory too. Therefore, IMO, upgrades on this system as it stands are not financially worth it, as you'll get far better performance out of replacing the entire board, processor and the faster memory (which will usually work out a bit cheaper) than spending money on your A7V333.

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Ok thanx, what sort of setup would you recreamend then, bearing in mind im a 18 year old student lmao, i do have a bit of cash to splash but not too much