Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook additional mailboxes

• Please log in to reply

smacey

smacey

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
We're using Windows XP and Outlook 2003 on our network with Microsoft Exchange. We have certain mailboxes that several people in our firm need to access to to view emails, forward them and manually place them in the sent items of that mailbox so the rest of us will know that the email has been sent. I have had no problem setting this up for several users, but am having a problem with one. I've given permission as a delegate, added the mailbox to the account, given it the same settings as all the other accounts that have access to it. But the additional mailbox for this particular user only contains the inbox - none of the others, i.e. deleted items, drafts, outbox, including the sent items. So this user cannot manually put the emails that have been forwarded into the sent items as the rest of us can.

What am I missing?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
how did you add the mailbox to the user in question? did you do a file > open > other users folder. or did you add it to the email account under tools > email accounts> etc...

smacey

smacey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I added it through email accounts. However, I changed the properties for the sent items folder to make the user a delegate and it worked. Thanks!