Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stumped with Account type

• Please log in to reply

bxs122

bxs122

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK this one has got me completely 100% stumped.

On my XP Pro box when logged in as an Administrator there are .asx files I can play in WMP.
When logged into the same box with another account that is set to type Administrator I can no longer display the .asx files, i get a c00d1197 error.

I have been deleting and creating accounts time and time again trying to figure out why the default Administrator account can view the .asx file while other accounts setup as Computer Administrator can not.

I also noticed that although setup as Computer Administrator not all options are available to change pertaining to security settings ... whereas the local default Administrator account has no issues.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi bxs122...

From the accounts that won't open the .asx file (not actually a media file, but a director for streaming), open WMP, click "Tools" on the toolbar, and select "Options". Under the "Network" tab, in the "Streaming Protocols" area, make sure that all of the available protocols are selected (checked). Apply any changes you make and see if the files will connect. Do this for each account that has this problem.

wannabe1

bxs122

bxs122

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi bxs122...

From the accounts that won't open the .asx file (not actually a media file, but a director for streaming), open WMP, click "Tools" on the toolbar, and select "Options". Under the "Network" tab, in the "Streaming Protocols" area, make sure that all of the available protocols are selected (checked). Apply any changes you make and see if the files will connect. Do this for each account that has this problem.

wannabe1

Already tried that ... I've made each account identical to the built-in Administrator account.

thanx