Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU Busy...slowing down my computer!

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello,
i'm having a problem with my computer speed. My computer was running perfect until today. Today i installed an ATI Control Panel for my ATI graphics card, and when I rebooted my computer to finalize the install, my WindowsXP loaded but my computer never really stopped loading. You know that orange light on you computer that flashes when your cpu is busy running stuff, well that light is constantly solid now! Before it would flash for 30 seconds while my Windows loaded and then it would stop. Well i'm timing it now and its been basically solid orange ever since my last reboot my, 15 minutes ago! And because my cpc is busy all my apps are running very slowly. I uninstalled the ATI Control Pannel thinking that would fix my problem, but it hasn't. Now i'm left wonding what the problem really is, can anyone help!?!

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
in your control panel .............system ..hardware.....device manager ...are there any yellow marks

if you see any try updating them

Edited by rushin1nd, 27 September 2006 - 08:56 PM.

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
no yellow marks :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go to RUN .... TYPE IN.... msconfig .... click ok

under the start up up tab diasable all except your antivirus or security

then apply or ok then reboot

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
i've already gone into my Startup and unchecked everything that i didn't need, i only have a few porgrams running at my startup, thats why i'm unhappy cuz my startup was so quick before but now it takes forever. Its gotten mildly better since i've altered my startup, but not even close to what it was earlier today.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
CTRL ALT and DELETE

whats causing so much cpu usage and how much of is at precentage