Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

VGA to S-video

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what would be the easiest way for me to watch my computer on my Tv. I dont have a tv tuner for my computer, but from what I've been told I can get an adapter that will convert my VGA to S-video, but if i do this then i'd have to disconnect my monitor. Does anyone know of a VGA to S-video that would allow me to keep my monitor plugged in??? I would much rather buy the adapter because i can get it for about 5$ on ebay, rather than spending more on a tv tuner. But I dont like the idea of having to disconnect my monitor cuz i would still need to use it. Any suggestions, Thanks

a0_1_sbl.JPG

Advertisements

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
...you know what guys, i think i found my own answer :whistling:

a0_1_sbl.JPG

smalls101

smalls101

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I would really be careful buying that thing off of ebay. Looks like a fake to me. The only real solutions are whole USB external adapters that will convert it. They are both analog outputs, but it looks to me like a couple of wires soldered to an old adapter. Even if it works its probably not gonna look too awesome

racinmason001

racinmason001

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Your video adapter would also need to support dual monitors or anytime you needed to use the pc monitor you would have to manually change it over.