Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB flash drive suddenly inaccessible

• Please log in to reply

mastercaster

mastercaster

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I purchased my 512MB drive, it already had "USB DISK Pro v2.33" .exe file installed, apparently as a security partition to enable password protection. I set it up with a password and used it without problem for two or three months. I plugged it in yesterday, and when I attempted to log in as usual by double-clicking on the UDPV233 icon, a dialog box popped up with this message: "Please insert the device or please run this utility as privileged user." There is a "cancel" button at the bottom of the dialog box, and the typical "X" in the upper right corner, but nothing else which provides a clue as to what I should do. What does this message mean? How can I get through this unnecessary and irritating .exe "door"? How can I eliminate the entire security function on this drive? I don't need to password protect the contents, and I don't want the hassle of having to log on every time I change computers. I considered reformatting, but until I deal with this roadblock, I can't even "see" the remaining 511MB of space on the drive. Thanks in advance for your help

Advertisements