Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Defunked CD writing wizard

• Please log in to reply

Juey

Juey

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First it started only popping up AFTER I EJECTED the CD I was preparing to write on. Then it would pop up say can't complete and continue doing nicely...Well. I removed Nero, who someone else had put on and I knew with XP's I didnt need the extra one along with the Media Player too....Now, I can only use the media player. The wizard has totally vanishished....I want to burn data CD's to back up, lol I aam late doin it, should've known something would happen first. But [bleep] I been in 2 car wrecks in 3 months and this last 1 a drunk driver brok my neck and needless to say ...I have been side tracked....LMAO..I've had my surgery & I am and will b fine, ty. But really wanna back up tonite....help anyone?
Did I get rid of common files with Nero? I have replaced some I thought, but don't remember alll, musta wrote down wrong...HELP!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you right click a file, what send to options have you got?

Juey

Juey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Well, originally when it started screwing up the option to send to CD drive was gone, but I put it back, tho I dont rmrmeber how...lol was easy tho, in the help....lol so they say now
open
print
make available ofline
copy to folder
moveto folder
send to floder
cut
copy
create short cut
delete
rename
properties

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you right click a file or folder, click copy this file (on the left), can you copy it to the CD Writer

Juey

Juey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Yes I get them there fine, but the wizrd wont pop up until I eject the CD I am going to write on, Then , I can push the cd back in and burn on it then, the wizard will stay till its burned and asks to delete the files like normal.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Remove the CD

Click start, my computer, right click the CD drive, click properties, auto play, put the dot in the opposite one, then click restore defaults, click apply

Juey

Juey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Nope...didnt do it. Still just gives that irratating boink when I click wrote these files to cd...no wizard pops up....and the nero stuff is stikk in that box too....doesn't even have an option to use the cd writing wizard anymore. just open a writeable folder use aNero and then view photos ro something...no options to use media player either.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try this

http://download.micr...240/AutoFix.exe

Juey

Juey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Said it couldn't fix . Y does this hsave to do eith the autoplay? curious not questioning....The little box does pop up, but just dpesnt have the right options in it huh...hmmm....Im begining to think Nero sucks....lol as good as a program it is I know, but it shouldn't go screwing with your whole system.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can get a general clean tool to remove Nero better than add and remove

http://www.nero.com/...Clean_Tool.html