Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My symantec antivirus is automatically disabled

• Please log in to reply

choycheuklok

choycheuklok

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, everyone:

I am using Symantec Cilent security-Symantec Antivirus. Originally, the Symantec Antivirus icon is automatically
appeared in system tray. However, today, the icon is automatically disabled when startup, and the program cannot open. Then I have tried to scan the computer in safety mode, but no virus is found. Thus, I restart the computer and see if the problem is still here or not. Unfortunately, the problem is still here.

I want to see if anyone can help me for this problem as soon as possible because I am anxious that the computer will be attacked thus I cannot use my computer to do my homeworks. Please help me!!!!!!!

Finally, I am sorry if you cannot understand my words, I have tried hard not to make grammatical mistakes.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Option 1: what happens if you manually right click on the system tray icon and enable the service?

option 2: have you checked your event logs (control panel, admin tools, event viewer) are there any red x's?

option 3: Try uninstalling the antivirus. reboot the computer. Reinstall and then run Live update.