Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD on Last Known Good startup, but not on Normal Startup

• Please log in to reply

matt_h

matt_h

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Long Story:

I got a home-made DVD which I ripped the contents using Roxio Capture. The resultant mpeg file works fine. However, since then home-made dvds wont play or even be recognised. This kept on happening after a few starts.

So I restarted and chose Last Known Good settings. But before I got to the Windows Is Starting Up screen I got a BSOD. Restarted, said the was a problem starting Windows, tried LKG again, same thing. Next I started Windows normally, no problem, and I get the Serious Error message. Microsoft Website says:

Error caused by a device driver

Thank you for sending an error report to Microsoft.

Error report summary

Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available? : No (see Next steps)
What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart
Cause : Unknown device driver
Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Still cant play homemade dvd's (audio cd and movie dvd works fine)

What can I do? Can anyone help me or should I just do a System Restore.

It talks about drivers, but the only device I have recently added was two Motorola RZR phones (which did create restore points on install).

Help me! I have got to get this dvd stuff done by Saturday night for a friends 18th (I am making a movie thing). I can use my other pc, but I dont want to create problems on that too.

I will run a mcaffee virus scan overnight

Thanks in Advance

Advertisements