Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help making meeting flyer/poster

• Please log in to reply

prncess20

prncess20

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hey you guys,
I am president of a club on campus and we need help making fliers for our meetings and events...like photoshop type fliers with the tyte background and everything. I can find the pictures but i really dont know how to use photoshop, or MSviso or dreamweaver mx to make a flier. is there a site or something that has a layout done or that tells me step by step what to do for each of the programs...pleas ehelp.

Advertisements

LiTh

LiTh

• Pip
  • 8 posts
photoshop is pretty easy to use, just open a new document in the 'Tabloid' size and mess around

Dream weaver is for html, ive never heard of someone making a flyer on it

prncess20

prncess20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

photoshop is pretty easy to use, just open a new document in the 'Tabloid' size and mess around

Dream weaver is for html, ive never heard of someone making a flyer on it

View Post

oh ok cool. photoshop is just real complicated. i dunno how people amek those amazing pictures or whatnot. yea sorry...dreamweaver is for html..my bad. how about illustrator? thats good right and probably better for what i am going to use it for than photoshop. how about MS viso?

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Well, you can make a flyer in HTML of course. Seems even a more sensible approach than only using Photoshop. I take it the most important part of a flyer is the content, not the pictures.
Isn't it wiser to just use Word?

Maybe this is something? It seems to help you through the process.
Remember, google is your friend :tazz:

Ojo

LiTh

LiTh

• Pip
  • 8 posts
im learning Illustrator right now, and if you think photoshop is complicated, then illustrator will give u nightmares haha

Id use photoshop over illustrator anyways....

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
But I looooooove illustrator. That's how I made the 'avatar'.
( nothing beats a pencil and paper though ) :tazz:

Ojo

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Id use photoshop over illustrator anyways....

View Post

:tazz:
That's like comparing cars to chickens.
Yes, they both occasionally can be found on a road, but that's where the similarity ends.

Photoshop is (basically) for editing pixel-images.
Illustrator is for drawing. It works with vectors. You can resize it into infinity (in theory) without losing your sharp lines. ( where with photoshop any line blown up to 2 pixels per inch looks like the skyline of manhattan )

For the endproduct I usually use a combination of the two. I draw in illustrator and later add atmospherics, textures, lights and details with photoshop.