Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

seagate and samsung harddisks

• Please log in to reply

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
I have a 40 gb samsung hdd and 160 Gb seagate hdd. My problem arises when i have to figure out the jumer settings. I want to make the samsung hard disk the master and seagate the slave drive. I tried so many things but i have now no pin in seagate hard disk jumper setting and one for samsung at the master hd spot. With this it tends to detect the seagate hdd sometimes and sometimes it does not. This only happens when i switch on xp i can see and use each drive in win2003. Tell me what i should do to get away from this messy situation.

Edited by prasharry2k5, 28 September 2006 - 09:28 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Samsung jumper settings

http://www.samsung.c...ersguide_02.htm

Seagate jumper settings

http://www.seagate.c...r_settings.html

What happens if you make both drives as "Cable Select"? Another thought is that you have to have the master drive on the end of the data cable and the slave drive must be on the middle connector. Is yours set up this way?

SRX660

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
i'll check it out i think it is not that way. I think it might be working if i set it up the way u said. I'll try this.

prasharry2k5

prasharry2k5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
gr8 man thanks a million for your help it is working great.