Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sharp Builds Three-Way LCD Screen

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Japanese manufacturer Sharp have demonstrated a new LCD flat panel that allows for three different images to be viewed on a screen depending on the angle. The company introduced a dual-view LCD last July, which is already being used in cars.

The idea is that multiple people can use a single display for different purposes. For example, Sharp noted that a driver could be accessing directions, the passenger looking at shopping information, while those in the back seat view a movie. The technology divides the backlight into three different directions

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
great....now the driver on his cellphone with the latte in his hand will be craning his neck across 3 axis to see what everyone else in the car is watching

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
:whistling: i read this and thought kinda the same thing. We drivers are going to have a whole new experience driving on the road with these drivers. Cellphones as it is should be banned when driving, today I got hit by someone talking on the phone and then on my way home almost got hit 2 more time by people on thier cell phones. I think driving at rush hour is a bigger risk due to the higher amout of people talking on cellphones back from work, and not the dence traffic itself.
James

Edited by james_8970, 01 October 2006 - 06:59 PM.