Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What Laptop Would Be Good For Me?

• Please log in to reply

Pooh4u02

Pooh4u02

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,
This is my first time on this forum, so I really hope that I can get some help. I am in the market for purchasing a new laptop; there was an incident with my last laptop, an IBM, that it needs to be replaced. There are a few things that I am looking for in a laptop. I am an interior design student, so I will have programs such as AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Flash on the new laptop. It will need to have a good hard drive that is able to hold a number of programs, and still run pretty fast. Good memory is important, about 512 mb I think will be enough. The CPU will need to be fast, and capable of running programs, etc. Also, the only game that I would put onto this new laptop, would be the Sims 2. The laptop will need to be able to run my game with ease, but all while not breaking the bank. I have been looking at a few laptops, but that will not blind sight me from looking into other models, other brands, etc. The laptops that I have been looking at are the HP Pavilion zd8000, the HP Pavilion zv5000t series, the Dell Inspiron 6000, Dell Inspiron 7000, the Toshiba Satellite P30, Toshiba Satellite M30X, Toshiba Satellite M35X, and the Dell Inspiron 9200; just to name a few, although I think thats alot. I just really need help in choosing the right laptop that will fit my needs and still fit a decent amount of money, nothing extremlely expensive, I am a student. If there are any suggestions I would appreciate it greatly. Also, tech support, service, etc. a stable compnay, are all good things that the company should have. Thank you again.

Pooh4u02 :tazz:

Advertisements

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
I've got a Dell inspiron 8600 and absolutly LOVE it. You need to upgrade it to a 80 gig HD then you'll be able to store a good amount of stuff on it. Its pretty fast and has approx. battery life of 4 hours which is good enough for me. Another option (more expensive i think) is an XPS. They're nice, but mainly for gamers. Apple makes some laptops too....but I haven't really seen them. I would recommend Dell though as you can costomize them.

Pooh4u02

Pooh4u02

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you very much for your opinion. I'll take that into consideration. Does anyone else have any suggestions, I'd like to have a few options to choose from, and opinionss of others. Thanx

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I usually don't reccomend extended warranties but I would get one for a laptop.

Pooh4u02

Pooh4u02

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you all, for your opinions, I will take them into consideration when making my decision