Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Reader

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I understand (in a vague way) that one can highlight a portion of a PDF file and then convert it to a Notepad text file. Is that correct? Can someone please walk me through how this is done? FWIW, I am using Adobe Reader 4 on a W98 pc?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I have never heard of such a thing, however I've never tried either...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
in adobe acrobat you can USUALLY (unless there is security preventing it) choose file then save as...which will give you a few options of file types....i don't know if you can save jsut a selected portion though

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Thanks all.

Dsenette: I do not find a SaveAs under File. Am I missing something?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There's a button in Acrobat Reader that lets you select the text. Click that (it's usually on the toolbar across the top) and then click and drag over the text.

Be aware that it is possible for the author of the document to state that they don't want you to do this with their document.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Neil Jones: I see an Adobe icon (a block letter "T") and I see a message ("copt text", or something like that) when I put my cursor on it. I can click it and then mark a section of interest. But then what? I still don't see a SaveAs.

Or, perhaps, the marked passage is auomatically put on the clipboard?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Once you select / highlight the text, you should be able to click edit, click copy, then click edit, paste in Word