Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MSCONFIG Startup items get rechecked

• Please log in to reply

hahnm

hahnm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Iam trying to disable some programs that run at startup. I go to msconfig>startup tab and uncheck the items, click APPLY then OK, exit msconfig and reboot. The item still load and I go to msconfig and the items are still checked, or become re-checked. I have Adwatch set to load at startup, and it notifies of registry modifications related to these items (there are 12 items) How do they become rechecked? How can I stop them? Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you may want adwatch disabled for this...i've never used that software...but generally monitors like this do their job by making sure settings (such as the msconfig startup stuff) don't get changed...and if they get changed...then the software automatically changes it back...

hahnm

hahnm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply. Turning Adware off and then making the msconfig changes did the trick. Everything I unchecked remained unchecked. I had no idea Adware would do that. Thanks again. Problem Solved.