Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rundll32.exe alert popping up and iPod isn't recognized by compute

• Please log in to reply

Jonny T

Jonny T

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I had major issues with my computer a few weeks ago, but thanks to you guys, everything works grand. :whistling:

Today I clicked MY COMPUTER and I got an alert from Rundll32.exe, reporting that WTSAPI32.dll was missing and couldn't be located. I have no clue what that means. The same alert pops up when I click on AIM. I click "ok" then AIM runs fine.

I don't think it's causing any problems, but it's really irritating to see it pop up all the time.

Another problem, which I think might be related to this is that whenever I plug in my iPod, it isn't recognized by my computer. I have iTunes set to open when I plug the device in, but all that shows up is the E drive window. I reinstalled iTunes and during the setup process, an alert says that "this windows installer package is damaged" or something like that. Then it back-tracks the installation, but still continues and seems fine. Then I have to reinstall iTunes whenever I want to charge my iPod, or update it. It's ridiculous. I thought my iPod was the issue, but I'm 99.9% sure that it's my computer now that's causing the problem.

I've used multiple USB cables and ports and nothing helps.

Any ideas?

Edited by Jonny T, 29 September 2006 - 11:08 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well there are a few possiblities. I think an xp repair is first thing to try, then we can move on to any other issues.

http://www.geekstogo...ws_XP-t138.html