Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

statcounter.com issue

• Please log in to reply

Ben Garman

Ben Garman

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi all, how you doing?

Basically i'm having trouble logging on to the statcounter website. Each time i visit i get the message: "FORBIDDEN: You don't have permission to access / on this server."

I'm informed by Avohir on the chat that it is DNS issue, established by pinging the site using cmd.exe The ip i returned was the wrong one. he gave me the right one which showed up that page, but only if i put the ip into the browser, and when i logged in all the pages were blank. I've had this problem for a while, but i really need to know the number of hits on my site at the minute...

It's not a host file issue as i deleted my hosts file, it was too touchy, so its definitely not blocked by the old 127.0.0.1!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot,

Ben

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. It sounds like a problem on his end and not yours. I suggest getting a better stats counter... www.pstats.com is very good. Now, to solve this issue now, you will need to contact him for an exact IP and everything. His server seems to be having issues, not your computer.

(Edited for grammar)

Edited by Stormknight6, 29 September 2006 - 03:09 PM.

Ben Garman

Ben Garman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Well, that could be the problem, but everyone else i know says they're getting on to the site fine...

Also, if i changed stat counters wouldn't i lose all of my current stats? I kind of need to know them really...

Thanks

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Now that's strange that everyone else can get there fine... When did it stop working right for you? Have you made any changes to the system recently?

Ben Garman

Ben Garman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I'm afraid i can't be very helpful in that regard. I've made no changes which would affect it (ie. only the usual use of the laptop and installation/ uninstallation of a couple of things probably - none of which i can remember), and I can't remember when it stopped working, but within the last couple of months. Apparently it is a DNS issue...

When i ping it tho, it says it is responding, but gives me the wrong ip...