Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quicktime

• Please log in to reply

MINI

MINI

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am trying to undate my Quicktime to run the newest version of iTunes. I have tried everything to uninstall the Quicktime from my computer. I have gone into safe mode and tried to uninstall Quicktime. When I try to uninstall the "Uninstall Wizard comes up for a flash and then goes away and nothing ever takes place. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?
Thanks in advance
MINI

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does it give an error when you try to install quicktime

http://www.filehippo...icktime_player/

Also

Quicktime 7.1.3 is included in iTunes 7.0.1

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

MINI

MINI

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have tried to upgrade in hopes of that working to delete the old QuickTime and I still am not able to upgrade QT or iTunes. Thanks
MINI

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Look in programme files for the Quicktime folder, move it to my documents and reboot

Look in programme files / common files as well

MINI

MINI

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I fixed the problem for the uninstall and reinstall for my Quicktime. If anyone wants to know the details just let me know and I would be glad to share them. It was a very long process but so worth it.
MINI