Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems booting and getting video display...

• Please log in to reply

GENERIC

GENERIC

• Pip
  • 7 posts
So i was inbetween apartments, and i kept my computer in a storage for about a month. Move into my new place, set everything up, and all i see on my monitor is "No Input Signal", as if i turned on the monitor and nothing else. I cracked open my tower, and put in another video card to see if that was the problem... same results. My monitor's VGA cable is non-removeable (sucks i know) so i tried another monitor, thinking the cable was busted. Same results. I dont know what to do! Could it be my motherboard, or AGP slot? If so, is repair a solution, or replacement? I would appreciate any and all help on this matter. Thanks!

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Was this a climate controlled storage space by any chance? Also, when you press the power button, do the fans spin and everything?

GENERIC

GENERIC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I dont believe that the climate of the storage was a problem, it was an indoor unit and was climate controlled. When I power everything on, all the fans workl as they normally would. I holpe this helps pinpoint the problem.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I see. Seeing as how you're comfortable opening the case, do so again while everything is disconnected of course, and then check your video card. Make sure it is in there nice and tight. Push it in softly but firmly. Don't force it. If you have on-board video let me know about that as well.

GENERIC

GENERIC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
OK, i checked my video card, everything is in snug and all, same results. Also, I do not have a on-board video card. I got a Personal Cinema FX5200-VT128 video card by NVIDIA, if that helps. One thing I noticed earlier, is that my mouse has a red LED on it. When I power up, it doenst turn on. When I plug that same mouse into my roomate's laptop, the red LED and mouse works fine. I tried my mouse in both the PS/2 and all my USB ports. So I think the problems lies with the motherboard, not the monitor or video card. Like the monitor can't send its signal from the video card to the motherboard, and the same with the mouse. Could that be the source of my malfunctions?