Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New Board-Overclock Trouble

• Please log in to reply

kelltech

kelltech

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I just upgraded to an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and an AMD 64 4800 dual core processor and I was checking out all the software that came with the board and I went into the Asus AI Booster and overclocked. The computer rebooted itself and now I can get to the xp welcome sign in screen, I can usually log into my profile and it shows my desktop but the windows taskbar is completely blank. Sometimes I can't login to my profile. The windows key doesn't help and ctrl-alt-del doesnt help. How do I turn this thing back down? Thanks for any help!

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD 64X2 4800+ dual core processor
1gb RAM
XFX Geforce 7600GT 256mb
Windows XP Pro

Edited by kelltech, 01 October 2006 - 01:02 AM.

Advertisements

Bartender

Bartender

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Do you have the manual for the mobo? Pretty sure you just find the CMOS reset jumper, move it over to pin 2 & 3 for a half minute, then set it back to pins 1 & 2. CMOS will be reset to default settings. I'd like to have someone confirm this!

racinmason001

racinmason001

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Yeah I am almost positive from all my studies you need to reset the cmos back to defaul settings and you would do that with jumpers on the mobo. Look at mobo documentation to see exactly what to do.