Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I hope this is not a double post!

• Please log in to reply

newbie geek

newbie geek

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I will try again as I got the message that the forum site was not available.
I had to send my new notebook in to the toshiba warranty depot due to a problem I had burning disks.

However it was not the notebooks problem, it was bad Ty Disks.

Before I sent it in the Software Tech at our office Ghosted it.

Today I dropped it off to have the Image reinstalled. He said to call in a couple of hrs.
I did and he said he Ghosted the wrong image, he used the one on my 3 yr old notebook that I am typing this post on and the new notebook crashed and so he was now Restoring it and then would have to run the proper Ghost which he had named, but obviously did not bother to check.
The Ghost was in my Western Digital Storage Drive.

After another 4 hrs I went back to his shop. The notebook was now so SLOOOOOOw TO BOOT and he blamed my Norton 2006, however I brought my log book with me and that was not the case before. The notebook was snappy and I was thrilled with it.

I was NOT happy to say the least,

Then I asked him to insert my SanDisk 2 Gig flash drive which had all of my work emails on it that were exported to it before the new notebook was sent to the warranty depot.

My Computer simply HUNG there and would not opent the disk. He said Sandisk has a peculiar program for installing programs and it would not open on his computer either.
It opened on my new notebook that he was working on. This was before it was sent to the Depot??

What I am worried about is if there could be damage b/c he tried to install the Ghost Image of this 3 yr old beater of a toshiba that I am using now that he did not bother to see if it was right or not in my Western Digital Storage Drive.

The notebook is not acting normal???
He said wait til monday and i have to call him.
I hope this post works and that I get experienced comments as I always have, thankyou

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If your notebook is fairly new, don't you have a set of manufacturer's recovery disks for it. instead of using your office ghost image? Or simply recover a second time using the correct ghost image.

Any problems you're having now with the notebook is almost certainly due to it having been restored from the wrong image. It won't have done any damage but it will have device drivers installed on it which don't belong there. That will make it slow and unstable.

You should have done the ghost-image recovery yourself to avoid any mix-up and misunderstanding. it's not rocket science.

newbie geek

newbie geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Hi, thx for the reply. Yes I do have a restore disk for the new toshiba and that is what the new tech used to bring the notebook back to life after it crashed when he tried to Ghost my older toshiba 2410 that I am presently doing this post on!!

Then he tried to give it back to me working slower and also with the jump drive 1 gb Sandisk simply hanging when I went to access it in "My Computer".

Thus that is why I am really concerned about why it worked slower and could not read my Sandisk Jump Drive which has all of my office emails on it and is integarl to my work, thus I left it with him and await his reply tomorrow.

I don't want to go back and get a damaged notebook b/c he ignored on Western Storage Drive which was the proper Ghost to do to it and it definitely was not the Ghost Image from this one.

Thankyou.