Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC stop error

• Please log in to reply

horlor44

horlor44

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
My PC has recently began to re-start. sometimes,when I start a prog or try to run registry Mech or anything really.Mircosoft indicates the stop error is down to a Device Driver.but I cant pin it down.I recently installed a new Grahpic Card and thats when the problem started.so I unistalled it and all its drivers and software,cleaned up with Reg Mech and installed my old card and software.but its still happening!how do I find the cause ? Any help would be great.Thanks

Advertisements

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
this one m sure off....ur graphics card is not hooked in its slot properly...check it again put it in its slot on the motherboard n screw it down...i knw cuz i had the same problem

horlor44

horlor44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Thanks .I tried that ,but Im afraid it did'nt work.my PC also freezes in the middle of playing a Vid clip WMV or sometimes it says .."Windows Media player has encountered a problem and has to close".got the same message with Winamp when playing back streaming Radio.I have uninstalled Grahics drivers in safemode and re-installed...no good