Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Vertical Black Stripes On Monitor

• Please log in to reply

MC Elasmosarus

MC Elasmosarus

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have an IBM flatscreen monitor. i was doing my usual stuff on the computer, nothing out of the ordinary, then all of a suden, my monitor blinks, and there are black stripes going down my monitor. nothing's wrong with my desktop because i took a print screen and pasted it in paint and there were no black stripes. the stripes are also there during startup.

Advertisement

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,948 posts
Hi. Did this just happen today? Have you made any changes to the system recently? Have you tried unplugging the monitor's power as well as it's connection to the computer and then restoring it at a later time?

MC Elasmosarus

MC Elasmosarus

• Pip
  • 8 posts
it happened yesterday. no i haven't made any changes to the system. i've unplugged it and plugged it back in, but i didn't keep it unplugged for long

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Are the black stripes always there, or are they there only at certain, random times?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,948 posts
Also, if you're comfortable opening the case, you might open it up (afetr unplugging power and such of course) and making sure that your video card is in its slot nice and tight, but not too tight. Don't force it. Please note that before putting your hands in the case, that once you open the side panel up, you need to put your hands on the inner metal frame to ground the static electricity from your hands.

MC Elasmosarus

MC Elasmosarus

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i don't think i can open it... it's one of those thing flatscreen monitors, and to whoever asked about the stripes being random, no, they're there all the time, even during startup.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,948 posts
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific :whistling: I meant the computer case :blink:

Advertisement