Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

darn...

• Please log in to reply

badben25

badben25

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
i wanna know, in extreme detail, why a pc automatically restarts. i want this thread to be.....err.....kinda like a thesis. nyone who has ny kind of info shud post. y this occurs, how its solved etc etc all shud be discussed.
details later

thanks a bunch

P.S. dint know where to post this :whistling:

Edited by badben25, 01 October 2006 - 12:52 PM.

Advertisements

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Well, It truly depends, sometimes Windows restarts a computer after an Automatic update. Oftentimes Windows has an error and restarts. It truly depends on the situation.

--bmwboy

badben25

badben25

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
i wud like to discuss about errors....like when ur workin [or playin] on ur pc and suddenly it goes "BLEEP" and automatically restarts and u lose ur data. why does this happen? i know windows has had an error, but what error? if u disable auto restartin, then all u see is either a black screen or everything freezes, and u hav to restart manually in both cases. the reasons i found out for such occurrences were problems with any of the following: PSU, motherboard, RAM, graphics card, processor, overheating, buggy windows, bad software/files. i bet there are more, but these are all i know about. i know a few unfortunate ppl who hav this prob on their PCs, and sadly the list includes me too. and i havent found the main prob yet. tried and tried, but my pc always goes "BLEEP" and there u hav it, ur assignment or file download or victory in a game are gone. i've been havin this prob 2 months after i built my pc and i am seriously tired of it; theres no cure in sight. as to wat i recall, there was this feature in my BIOS that said 'Top Performance' and the choices were to enable or disable[default] it. out of curiosity i enabled it [still hit my head in the wall for doing that :blink: ] and since then the never-ending trail of problems began for my pc. i am not sure but my brain tells me that was the last thing i did.
dunno y but even though i've been at these forums for a long time now, posting about this problem never crossed my mind...maybe it was forgetfulness or absentmindedness. but nywayz, if theres ny one who can help me then plz do so. i have written a complete chronological article on this prob of mine, so i might even post it here once i find it. it might help u guys.

:whistling:

thanks