Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Symantec Client Firewall

• Please log in to reply

gueixiou

gueixiou

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I recently received my new laptop. I was trying to install the anti-virus software provided by my university because the trial version of Symantec installed on my computer was only licensed for 90 days. Consequently, I used the Task Manager to "End Task" in the middle of the Symantec set up. However, now I do not have "sufficient privileges" to access the firewall settings and every time I try to remove Symantec using Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, it says that a "Fatal Error" occurred during installation even though I'm not installing anything. The main problem is that I cannot run the FireFox browser because I do not have the ability to access the firewall settings. Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
reboot whilst holding down F8. When the menu appears, select "safe mode". You should see an account called "Administrator" at the login screen. Log in to that account. You should now be able to access the Norton Firewall application options.