Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

would the FX5200 play splinter cell 1 & 2 good?

• Please log in to reply

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
hi do u think that the NVIDIA FX5200 will play splinter cell 1 & splinter cell pandora tommorow????????

Advertisements

Alexius

Alexius

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
hi i have an fx 5200 and i have completed both spinter cell 1 and 2

i set it in the lowest setting possible and it still was a little bit slow but it was quite playable, i enjoyed the game and cant wait for the 3rd one so i dont think you game play experience will be terrable.

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
thanx for answering that do u think it will play any of these? HALF LIFE 2 , UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 , grand theft auto vice city?

Alexius

Alexius

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
i have half life 2 and it work perfectly in alll the low setting but that wont matter because you will start to realise you are playing on half life 2 the greatest game in the world. my friend lent me unreal 2004 and it was ok but it struggled. i dont know about gta vice city i had that for the ps2 but im sure itll be ok. the fx 5200 is a decent card but i think the new game are starting to out run it. im looking to get a new card maybe the nvidia 6600 its about 100 quid nowadays.

hpe u find this help full

al :tazz:

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Yep i sure did thanks alot m8 :tazz:

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Hi sorry for askin agen will it play these? SIMS 2 , FIFA 2005 , DOOM 3 , MEDAL OF HONOR PACIFIC ASSAULT???

Alexius

Alexius

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
hey mate no problem looks like we have to same interestes

my sister has sims 2 and would rather play it on my computer than on my dads crappy intergrated graphics card so if that is any thing to go by it can handle it pretty well. well my dad had passific assault and it didnt handle to well i dont think that any medal of honor games handle well on mine but the call of duty ones are ok and they are well better than medal of honour in my view. as for doom 3 i downloaded the demo and it ripped my computer to s***, its one of those games were u need a high end evey thing to play i would stear well clear mate

al :tazz: ;) ;)

Alexius

Alexius

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
soz cant help u with fifa not into football that much i would recomed it only for consoles though coz mates can play and ull have more fun

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
i heard that grand theft auto san andreas is coming out for pc is the NVIDIA FX5200 good for 3d games like grand theft auto vice city?

Alexius

Alexius

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
yes i believe it coming out rather soon but i think u will have to set the setting to low

but if u are serious gamer and it seems to me you are with all these games ur getting
i would get a bettter card coz there are cheap ones out which poo all over the fx 5200

Advertisements

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
yes i am getting a new card a ATI RADEON 9600 PRO is that any better than the FX5200? and i have got DEVASTATION and i want to play online but i need a I.P Address how could i get 1 of those?? help appreciated thanx

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Sorry for asking agen these are my setting that my card is on now (FX5200)=
the rotation settings is = 0 Degrees
Image settings = High performance
Antialiasing setting = Application controlled
Anisotropic setting = Application controlled
Color quality = Highest (32 bit)
Screen Refresh Rate = 60 Hertz
Screen resolution = 1024 x 768 Pixels.

(and can u answer the otha reply i sent in)

Alexius

Alexius

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
yes your new card is way better good choice

to find out your ip address go to
http://www.whatismyip.com/

but u shouldnt have to just go on quick game and a list of servers should come up . also look in the setting and change ur connection type to dsl or something like that or 56k and that should work

i think u hav the setting to lan so you need to look for an ip address put you not playing on :tazz: a lan

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Hi i brought DRIVER 3 for PC And it Lagged very much on the specifications on the back it says u need a 4.2GHz Processor i didnt think they made 1 have they? and would my graphics card play need for speed underground 1 on PC ?

Alexius

Alexius

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
yes i think you can get bigger than that acutually um need for sped 1 shoyuld be ok but it really depens on you computer just remember to keeop the reciept