Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some pages won't load in Firefox and IE

• Please log in to reply

lewie

lewie

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Any suggestions would be helpful guys. Keep in mind I'm barely computer literate.

Both Firefox and IE hang up when I try to get to about.com and several other sites. The bottom grey bar on the browser, status bar?, shows something like "looking up ad.doubleclick...." or "contacting ntd. . . " and the browser hangs. The page never loads!

I tried downloading a fresh copy of Firefox and unistalling/reinstalling. But same old same old.

Do I have my settings wrong? Have both browsers been hacked?

Is it something worse?

Thanks.

S.

Advertisements

gyt6765

gyt6765

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Try to install your programms from Google. It's easy to do it because there are a lot of prompts in Internet how to do it.
If you fail to do it maybe you've got virus from Internet???

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Hey Lewie,
some reading about infections, and protection from them might be in order. There is a lot of information and self help tools in this site.
I know you probably already read this before, but it might help you out by going HERE

Good luck,
Harry