Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newbie Upgrading

• Please log in to reply

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

ok so the quad....its a processor? will i need a new motherboard to use it? and i already have the video card, but i will upgrade to the dx10.

The quad core processor is going to be pricy.. Even the low end quad core will be quite abit.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The pricing information thats been going about seems not to bad its mostly rumours but they are doubtful to be all that expensive. The performance on them is amazing, they arent the same as current 4 core systems they are desktop chips they are two core2s on one chip and the benchmarks are very good the bottom end quad core shouldnt be much more than a E6600 and they are alot more powerful.