Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

exploded screen

• Please log in to reply

avail07

avail07

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
IBM Thinkcentre A52
P4 - 3.0Ghz
512Mhz DDR RAM
80 G harddrive
dual dvd/cd r-rw drives
Windows XP Home

:blink: Every time my computer goes to a standdby mode and then come back out of it, I have a "exploded screen" where all the desktop icons and wallpaper is twice the normal size. Is there some setting I can reconfigure to keep this from happening? :whistling: I always end up having to Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart. Even if I get past the login, even the next screen is too large to read! This has happened all but the first five to seven days I have had this computer. This has caused everyone who uses this pc to become aggrevated because of this. This was my early Christmas present last year that was installed December fifth of last year. Otherwise this has been an excellent computer!!

Thank You
M.A.Hill

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Enter this site and update all your files and drivers.

avail07

avail07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you so much for your help! I thought I had this pc set up to recieve auto update on IBM and Windows. I'll let you know in the next 24 hours if this help out this machine or not.

Thanks once again.

M.A.Hill