Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP printer problem?

• Please log in to reply

avail07

avail07

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
IBM Thinkcentre A52
P4 - 3.0Ghz
512Mhz DDR RAM
80 G harddrive
dual dvd/cd r-rw drives
Windows XP Home

I have a HP deskjet 3820. It ran out of black ink and I replaced the catridge. When I got the printer back online, It won't print anything now. It still has 1/4 color cartridge left. I haven't seen anything in the help section that does any good, or with HP online guides. Anyone that can help would be really great. I like this printer and would prefer to use it with another pc if I can get it working again.

Thanks,
M.A.Hill

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Will it print a test page? (Look in your manual for specific instructions)

avail07

avail07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
It will not print anything at all

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok, explain to me what happens... You try to make it print something and what happens? It moves the cartridges and makes some noise and then does what? Have you tried unplugging the printer for about 30 seconds and then plugging it back in?