Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Favorites

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Is there anyway to put Favorites into alphabetical order?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Go to favorites, right click, choose SORT BY NAME

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
THANKS TO GERRYF: CHECKED ALL :"HELPS" NO ANSWER! NOW I KNOW!!!!!!!!

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
FOR JERRYF AND ANYONE ELSE. I TRIED IT. WENT TO FAVORITES, RIGHT CLIKED BUT NO "SORT BY NAME APPEARS ON LIST.--LIST HAS TO DO WITH TOOLBARS. TRIED ALL FAVORITES, VERY TOP OF PAGE, THE ONE BETWEEN 'SEARCH" AND "MEDIA" TO NO AVAIL. MAYBE FAVORITES HAVE TO BE ORGANIZED IN FOLDERS. PLEASE ADVISE.

WyldStallyyn

WyldStallyyn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hmm...sounds like you might be clicking in the wrong place. If you click on Favorites and then right click on the Favorites pull down menu, it gives you a list of options for the Favorites folder - second from the bottom is "Sort By Name". If you right click off to the side of it, that's when you get the toolbars list, so make sure you right click on the Favorites menu, and you should see the sort option (by the way, that option is also available on any Windows menu).

:tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Ahh, I know what you are doing...you are clicking on the favorites in the toolbar that loads on the left side of the browser, right? Go to the top menu, choose FAVORITES, and select sort by name there.

This will sort it in both places.

Never use that toolbar, so it never occured to me....

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I DID FIGURE IT OUT. I HAVE TO LEFT CLICK FAVORITES AND WITH DROPDOWN RIGHT CLICK AND THERE IT IS SECOND FROM THE BOTTOM. ALSO IF I ORGANIZE MY FAVORITES INTO FOLDERS OR LINKS I CAN RIGHT CLICK THE LINK AND THERE IT IS AGAIN. THANKS ANYWAY I KNOW YOU[RE TRYING HARD.
I MEANT TO GET BACK TO YOU GUYS, BUT I HAD TO SIGN OFF AND DO OTHER THINGS.