Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Java enviroment

• Please log in to reply

demonicangel

demonicangel

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Heres my problem I've recently started having trouble with my pc, my java runtime enviroment to be exact, ive unistalled and installed the program many times but i keep getting the same error message, that there are too many java programs running, i noticed the problem because ive been trying to access the website www.castlemountains.com i thought the website was failing, but i was at a friends house and it loaded just fine, back at my house the page wont load, idk what the problem could be, so if anyone could help me it woud be much appreciated. thanx in advance

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
uninstall any java versions that you have. reboot. http://java.com/ to install the latest java runtime. reboot.

you should be good to go.

also recomended that you clean your temp files:

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
I unistalled and installed again, but i still cant access the website and if I happen to enter a page where Java is used or whatever I get the error message "The Java Runtime enviroment cannot be loaded". This worries me now, don't know if it's spyware related or what.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
open internet explorer, go to tools, internet options. CLick on advanced. scroll down till you see Sun Java. is the box check or not? also what does the description for the box say?

Lets try a few things:

color=#3333FF]Prefetch is clickable for more information

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up

Reboot

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run defragmenter

Download, install and run[/color] Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Disable the anti virus programme then click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Check the anti virus programme is running

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

Click optimize and improve then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Now if your concerned about malware then I advise:
Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
The sun Java box is selected, I noticed some other java application thingies just below it that were not selected I'm not sure if they have anything to do with it, and the error message says (The Java runtime enviroment cannot be loaded" and if I continue then another one follows that says " Several java virtual machines running in the same process caused an error". The description box says Java™ Plug-in fatal error.

I followed all of your instructions regarding the tuneup, thanx for that, my comp is working much much better now.

Edited by demonicangel, 07 October 2006 - 06:18 PM.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
i started doing some research online and i found this, but I dont understand the instructions for fixing the prob

A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM :
When Java Plugin is configured with -Xmx parameter set to some number larger than half of the system's physical memory, java plugin will not start in Internet Explorer. It pops up a message box that says "The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded". On my machine, -Xmx750m does the trick. The problem seems to be independent of the version of Windows operating system. It's also reproducible on Windows 2000 and XP. It happens with both the <APPLET> tag and with the <OBJECT> tag.

STEPS TO FOLLOW TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM :
Open Java 1.5 control panel and switch to Java tab. Open "Java Applet Runtime Settings" by clicking on "View" button. In the last field (Java Runtime Parameters) enter "-Xmx512m", where "512" should be replaced by 3/4 of the system physical memory size. Also enable "<APPLET> tag support" for Internet Explorer. Apply settings. Open internet explorer and navigate to any web page that contains an applet.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you running windows xp service pack 2?

I bet what you saw under internt tools, options was

Sun Java
sun java applet 1.5

Microsoft Java
option 1
option 2
option 3

Per a court order microsoft had to stop using its version of java. That's why I want to know if your running sp2 for windows xp.

Interpeting thier instructions;

go to control panel. look for java. Once the Java control panel is opened, click on the Java tab. The first section should be "java applet run time settings". Click on View. Click once on the JRE line, this will turn it blue. Double click on the last section on the right (on the JRE line). This will let you enter "-Xmx512m".

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Yes I am using win sp2 and in the options it said Java(sun) and below the check box had USE JRE 1.5.0_9 for <applet>.

and after that was the Microsoft VM menu which included Java console enabled, and Java logging enabled.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
deselect all ms java options.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
ok i deselected it, but the problem persists i did that xm5 something thing and still no help.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, I'll keep digging for a solution. In the meantime have you considered trying firefox? IF you download firefox and it works then we probably should look at going through the process of a repair for windows xp.

Please try it and let me know if it works.

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
I installed firefox and the website loads a bit more than it did with IE but not completely.

Edited by demonicangel, 09 October 2006 - 09:59 PM.