relli relli slow computer plz help
Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:24 PM
clean your computer but doing this go start...all programs....accesseries...system tools..disk cleaner ...check all click ok run cleaner
clean your prefetch folder GO START...CLICK RUN...TYPE IN... prefetch ...CLICK OK..EDIT..SELECT ALL ..ON ANY BLUE FILE RIGHT CLICK THEN DELETE.............go to your tools menu at the top of your page select internet options delete cookies... delete files including offline put check mark click ok then close by clicking apply then ok.....go start..... all programs....accesseries...system tools....disk defragmenter.....just defragment ......
when your done that do this
go start right on my computer and open it .....on c drive right click and click on properties select tools then click on check now make sure both boxes are checked then click start
if a black pop appears dont be alarmed you should see a flashing white bar ..type the letter y for yes hit enter reboot
let this proccess go through 5 stages
Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:31 PM
- Install it. Then start the program.
- In the area designated as "Cleaner Settings", Make sure the Windows tab is the selected tab.
- Under the category of "Internet Explorer", UNcheck all boxes except for the first two boxes (Temporary Internet Files and Cookies) and the box called Delete Index.dat files.
- UNcheck the box next to the category called "Windows Explorer."
- Under the category of "System", UNcheck Empty Recycle Bin.
- At the top, click on the tab that says Applications.
- UNcheck EVERYTHING! If there is a category called "Firefox", then leave the Cookies option checked.
- Now click on Analyze. When it is done analyzing (it could take several minutes since this is your first time using ccleaner), click on Run Cleaner.
Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:41 AM
If it is, do this:
Please download filemon. After downloading, unzip it to your desktop.
Before we get started, I want you to be familiar with the Capture button so you can find it quickly when we do this. Open Filemon. Note the button at the top that looks like a magnifying glass. Pressing that button will stop Filemon from recording (capturing) the activity of your computer. That is the button you will be pressing when I say to.
Now exit out of Filemon. Exit all non-essential programs (the ones in the taskbar next to the clock. Do this by right-clicking on them and selecting exit or close.) Now we will use Filemon.
We are going to do this fairly fast: Open Filemon and then immediately open one of the programs that are giving you the 100% usage problem (unless it is occurning all the time, then you won't have to open a program). Let the computer sit for about 30 seconds. Return to Filemon (if it is not visible) and click on the magnifying glass button at the top. Now click on File > Save as... and save the log to your desktop. Attach that log to your reply to me.
NOTE: The log will be EXTREMELY long. So please attach it rather than post it out. If necessary, you may even have to compress it by putting it a zipped (compressed) folder.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users