Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

2 computers on dial-up

• Please log in to reply

befgbgn

befgbgn

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi everyone!!

I live in the country and only have dial-up out here. My husband and I have 2 computers and we have been just taken turns going onto the net. Is there a way that both of us can go on togather. What do I need? or is it posible.
Deborah

Advertisements

raiden69

raiden69

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
You Need 2 network cards + a crossover network cable.
You then need to enable Internet connection sharing on your host computer(dialup pc)

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 667 posts
Actually you can setup one system witht the dial-up connection and then use a proxy program like AnalogX Proxy and connect via your network connection.

http://www.analogx.c...twork/proxy.htm

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
God could you imagine how slow that would be.... like 18Kb for each pc MAX :whistling: ... just makes me thankful for the 12MB I have... but I do have the Smog, Pimps, and Crack heads to deal with on a daily basis.. I may want to trade you for the slowness befgbgn

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 667 posts
It is slow, but when it is your only option you would suffer through it.

We had that at our office and had 3.. yes 3 PCs connected via dial-up until we were able to get DSL installed in our building.

It was just a little better than nothing though.. but it worked...

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
For the notch

3 pc hooked on dial-upits fustrating with only one at 28.8 kbps

but i cant imagine 3

if it worked it worked

DIDNT MEAN TO INTRUDE