Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hotmail account locking up in msn live messenger

• Please log in to reply

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Hi all,

I use msn live messenger to chat with my friends. I started msn live messenger and logged in on my account. everything worked fine for 10 seconds but then it just locked up and i had to ctrl alt del the program. I tried again but same thing happened. So i tried my sisters' account. That worked fine, no problems. Then i tried mine again but still didn't work. It got me so frustrated and i reinstalled the program. Rebooted machine after reinstall and tried to log in: STILL NO LUCK. Same problem. can't click anything and msn live messenger just locks up and turns into a white screen.

Could anybody help me fix this problem? I really need to use msn messenger to talk to my friends and to do homework for tomorrow.

Thank you so much for your help.

Emery.

EDIT: i just tried www.webmessenger.msn.com . MSN webmessenger tells me: sorry, this service isn't available now. Could there be something wrong with my e-mail adress

Edited by emery, 04 October 2006 - 08:18 AM.

Advertisements

emery

emery

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
^

emery

emery

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
I fixed the problem. I did my weekly computer scan with tune up and ad-aware, avg etc... After these scans I tried logging onto my hotmail account and everything worked fine. So there was something wrong but I can't tell what it was exactly.