Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ALI combo Cardbus Adapter

• Please log in to reply

calsnesq

calsnesq

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Dell INSPIRON 2600 (XP) which has two usb 1.1 ports. I installed a cardbus to add two usb 2.0 ports.

There are currently two usb 2.0 devices plugged into the original 1.1 ports, a wireless mouse receiver and a Linksys wireless receiver. Both work perfectly, though the Linksys is slower than I like.

When I plug them into the 2.0 ports, the cardbus recognizes the mouse receiver immdediately, but not the Linksys. Instead, it sees it as a piece of new hardware, but it cannot find the driver(s) needed.

I have tried the Install-New-Hardware wizard in the control panel; I have uninstalled the Linksys and tried to reinstall it while it is plugged in the cardbus; I cannot go on line to search for drivers (which are already installed on the hard drive); a search of Windows and Dell support for fixes, patches, upgrades came up dry, so I am stymied. I am 70 and obviously not very computer literate, so if anyone could help me I would be beholden.

Edited by calsnesq, 05 October 2006 - 05:13 PM.

Advertisements