Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COMPAQ PRESARIO 6410nx problem

• Please log in to reply

usafguy00

usafguy00

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
OK..I am having serious issues with my computer. I have a Compaq Presario 6410nx and it recently started messing up. The other day I updated JASC Photo GDI Patch and I kept getting error messages afterwards. So I decided to remove the recently installed update and I still received problems, but they got worse. When my computer started it shut itself down and rebooted sometimes, or went to the screen that says, start in safe mode, start in safe mode with networking, start windows normally, or start with last known good condition. The good condition one didnt do anything but get me to the beginning of the Windows page where it says F1=setup and F10-recovery (which those wouldnt do anything) and then it would reboot. The other safe mode ones did not allow anything either. They would show a list of prompts and then stop and not run anything. What can I do? I don't have my reinstallation cd's but I can get one...so how would I be able to clear everything out and start from fresh? It seems like that is my only choice, right? Thanks for anyone's help or advice!!!

Advertisements

usafguy00

usafguy00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Does anyone know how I can fix this????? Please help!!!! At least let me know how what buttons i need to press to clear everything and make the pc like new. Thanks.