Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor Problem

• Please log in to reply

rickrad

rickrad

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I went to change my monitor screen resolution from 800X600 to 1024X768 and I accidentally moved the slide button all the way to the right. Now my monitor is black with an "ATTENTION" message that says "95K/60Hz - Frequency is out of range". How do I get my monitor back to normal?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Reboot the computer.

Keep pressing F8, until you see the Startup Menu.

On the menu is an option, "Enable VGA Mode", use the up/down cursor keys to highlight it and press Enter.

When Windows loads, your screen resolution will be 640x480 (aka really really really big). Change the resolution to whatever you're happy with and Bob's your uncle.

rickrad

rickrad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Neil: I did it and it worked! Thanks for the advice. I appreciate your help.