Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video card

• Please log in to reply

ohairs

ohairs

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Well another post to you guys or gals before was about my PC not working the moniter. Then the thing stopped working at all. I e-mailed you and got a suggestion to clean all the boards and connections because of moisture threat. I did that and the PC booted . Yeah!But the moniter said no signal , I assumed the video card was out after trobleshooting the moniter. My friend installed another video card in a another slot,( because the one that was in ther originally was intergrated to the mother board.) and it worked but I ciould not get the thing tweaked with the correct driver. I never checked the moniter plugged into the original card after cleaning,so I figured it was probably not brroke after all. I pulled the new video card out, and the original was still installed because it is intergrated to the motherboard. I figured it would boot as it had before and now I get 4 beeps no screen so I am frustrated. I know the beeps mean something and that's why I write to you now. What do they mean and do you have any idea why the PC just didn't go back to what was before the seperate video card was added? It may be an issue with the original card after all. I did slip the new one back in trying to get a moniter even if the driver for the one my friend installed made the stuff wierd. That did not change anything, I got a blank moniter that had worked 10 minutes before. What have I done wrong, and how can I get it to come on the screen instead of beeping 4 times?
Thanks
Scarlet

Advertisements

user_name

user_name

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
The beeps are post codes. Sometimes post codes will tell you the error if you look them up with the manufacturer, be they one, two, three, one short, two long, etc. They used to be universal, but not so much anymore. If the card is AGP, I would check to make sure it is seated correctly in the slot, and also you should make sure when you change video cards you remove old drivers first. Old drivers can cause conflicts and problems for new video cards. Hope this helps.

Dustin