Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD2 problem

• Please log in to reply

tommy18

tommy18

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
in single and multiplayer it takes about 10min to load. i have had the game since it was released and the load time would be 5 seconds about, and now it takes 10min(i timed it). i restarted my computer many times, and i reinstalled the game. i have 2 gigs of ram, 6800gs pci-e, and pent 4 3.0. i went to see if i could run bf2 as a test and it loaded up as normal. any ideas on what to do.

Edited by tommy18, 03 October 2006 - 05:15 PM.

Advertisements

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
any i just downloaded a spyware scan from this website, and i was all clear on that.

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
anyone?

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
can someone at least tell me that they dont know...or give me an idea on what to do....just something is all i need

Gackz

Gackz

• Pip
  • 7 posts
yea man i have same problem with COD UO...it used to take like 45 seconds? now it takes like 5 minutes...idk wats wrong :whistling:( srry man

MrMoonDog

MrMoonDog

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've got the same problem. When I attempt to load the game in the multiplayer mode, it takes forever to load. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I’ve tried to run it with my firewall off and I have two different types of spyware programs that I use. I even went so far as to restore my computer. The same problem exists with loading. I was hoping somebody would know what to do.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Try quiting every program before you run the game, that way your ram and cpu open up and it might help.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Oh yeah by the way by programs I mean use the task manager and end every task except for the ones that say system task.

By the way Welcome to Geeks To Go!

Edited by SOORENA, 15 October 2006 - 07:21 PM.

MrMoonDog

MrMoonDog

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I finally figured this out. I had the same problem with starting cod2 in multiplayer mode. I did everything short of throwing out the computer. Here’s what I’ve done so far:

1) Made sure I had the correct settings in the game itself
2) Made sure nothing else was running in the background
3) Updated the video card driver
4) Made sure I had the latest drivers for Directx
5) Shut off my firewall when playing the game
6) Uninstalled and reinstalled the game
7) Purchased and installed a different video card
8) Purchased and installed a different router
9) Restored my computer
10) Purchased and installed Registry Mechanic
11) Called my ISP and asked them if they were updating their service. And I thought maybe the game was looking for the DNS address (the cable internet company doesn’t use a locked in DNS address)
12) Pulled my hair out
13) After running the Registry Mechanic, I removed the game in the Add/Remove Programs. Went into the Registry Editor. Opened up the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder. Then opened the Software folder. Then deleted the Activision folder. After all of this I rebooted the computer and reinstalled the game with installing the 3 patches. And it works now.

I most likely didn't need the new video card. But it sure is nice compared to my old one.

Hopefully, this will help you.

MrMoonDog

MrMoonDog

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I finally figured this out. I had the same problem with starting cod2 in multiplayer mode. I did everything short of throwing out the computer. Here’s what I’ve done so far:

1) Made sure I had the correct settings in the game itself
2) Made sure nothing else was running in the background
3) Updated the video card driver
4) Made sure I had the latest drivers for Directx
5) Shut off my firewall when playing the game
6) Uninstalled and reinstalled the game
7) Purchased and installed a different video card
8) Purchased and installed a different router
9) Restored my computer
10) Purchased and installed Registry Mechanic
11) Called my ISP and asked them if they were updating their service. And I thought maybe the game was looking for the DNS address (the cable internet company doesn’t use a locked in DNS address)
12) Pulled my hair out
13) After running the Registry Mechanic, I removed the game in the Add/Remove Programs. Went into the Registry Editor. Opened up the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder. Then opened the Software folder. Then deleted the Activision folder. After all of this I rebooted the computer and reinstalled the game with installing the 3 patches. And it works now.

I most likely didn't need the new video card. But it sure is nice compared to my old one.

Hopefully, this will help you.